Posted: 29 November, 2016
These Tips Will Help You Manage Your Christmas Spending
Ho ho ho!
It’s the season for spending – and with Christmas now less than a month away, Australians are set to splash a lot of cash around!
The Christmas Debt Survey from finder.com.au found that Aussies will spend $9.77 billion on Christmas gifts this year, up from $2.2 billion last year.
If you want to keep your spending towards the lower end of the scale, consider these money tips:
Set a budget
- Allocate a certain amount for each person that you have to buy a gift for.
- Don’t be tempted to go over your set amount.
- Decide what you’re going to buy each loved one early so you can look for the best prices and won’t end up with shopping centre stress.
Start shopping early
- This allows you to spread your spending over a larger amount of time, and reduces the last minute Christmas shopping stress.
- It’s easy to price match and you’ll be less tempted by in store promotions.
Don’t go overboard on your credit card
- It’s very easy to put all your purchases on a credit card, but try to keep your spending in line with your established budget and avoid the credit temptation.