Posted: 2 November, 2016
by Daniel Leach
Bushfire Advice - Shire of Denmark
Parts of Denmark are under a Bushfire Advice today following a private property burn.
It affects people in the vicinity of Nut road and South Coast Highway in Walpole Nornalup National Park.
There is no immediate danger, however driving conditions could be hazardous.
People are urged to keep aware and up to date.
Details from Emergency WA are below.
UPDATE: 4:07pm (2 Nov 2016)
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people within the vicinity of Nut Road and South Coast Highway in Walpole Nornalup National Park.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of SOUTH COAST HWY and NUT RD.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- It is a small controllable fire.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF DENMARK.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on their way.
- The cause of the fire is escape from a private property burn.
- Parks and Wildlife is now managing the fire